Performance evaluation can be bothersome if you have not planned during the year. More and more managers are requiring employees to write their own self-assessments at the end of the year. Not withstanding the competing priorities and time constraints, it is no wonder that many are left scratching their heads. Take the quiz below to find out steps that can be taken to make the year end assessments a breeze.
Whether you are switching careers or looking for a move with your current employer. It is important to showcase your skills and accomplishments on your resume and during the interview. Do not miss the opportunity to demonstrate that you are recognized and respected and will be a value add to any company. Don’t short changed yourself. Here are 5 questions to consider.
- Did you make a suggestion to improve or streamline your job function?
- Did you train new hires or help your co-workers?
- Were you selected or volunteered for a cross functional team project?
- Were you recognized for your contribution for wowing your customers?
- Did you received a meets and exceeds rating on your performance review?
You may think these things insignificant, however, they point to your creativity, leadership and communication skills. Being a team player and stepping up during crunch time are valuable assets. Tout on . . .